By: Brenda Buck, CPCU, CIC, CPIW
Region I is so excited to welcome the rest of IAIP to our area. This article is the first in a series of why you should attend the 2023 IAIP Convention in Providence, Rhode Island.
- IAIP International Convention and Regional Hub Conferences will be there June 23-25, 2023.
- Providence boasts one of the largest, and exquisitely outfitted Children’s Museums in the world, easily spotted from the road and air by the huge, and completely articulated, authentic Chinese dragon prowling downwards from the roof to the street.
- Roger Williams Park Zoo was the first zoo in New England to become accredited and it is the third oldest zoo in the nation.
- The Providence Performing Art Center (PPAC as Rhode Islanders call it) is a 31,000-seat venue. It is the second largest theatre of its kind in the country and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
- The Big Blue Bug, also known as Nibbles Woodaway, is the giant termite mascot of Big Blue Bug Solutions located along I-95 in Providence, Rhode Island. It is claimed to be the world’s largest artificial bug at 928 times the size of an actual termite, standing nine feet tall and 58 feet long and weighing 4,000 pounds. They dress the bug up for special occasions as well: a reindeer at the holidays and like the hulk when hosting Comic Con.
Brenda Buck, CPCU, CIC, CPIW is an active IAIP member in New Hampshire. Brenda is employed by USI Insurance Services LLC as a Commercial Lines Account Executive.