By: Brenda Buck, CPCU, CIC, CPIW
USI Insurance Services recently placed Donna Church in my Bedford, New Hampshire office. She is a recent graduate of University of Rhode Island and a native of Rhode Island. I reached out to her for some local’s perspective on fun and interesting places to check out while in Providence for the 2023 IAIP International Convention taking place on June 23-25. Here are her recommendations:
- The riverwalk, boat tours, and WaterFire (takes place on Saturdays – schedule will be online as we get closer to June).
- Thayer Street is a great place to get a quick bite and they have a few little shops as well – Bajas, Antonio Pizza, Shake Shack, East Side pocket (great wraps), and Den Den.
- Some of the best places for the foodies include: Café Nuevo, Mare Rooftop, Rooftop at the Providence G, Costantino’s Venda Bar and Ristorante, Massimo Ristorante, and Hemenway’s Restaurant.
- If you are interested in visiting the East Greenwich area, there is a strip of great restaurants along Main Street: La Masseria, Blu on The Water, Huck’s Filling Station, Finn’s Harborside and Mainstreet Coffee.
- In the Narragansett area there are a lot of beautiful beaches, such as Narragansett Town Beach with the Seawall, Scarborough Beach, and Roger Wheeler Beach.
Brenda Buck, CPCU, CIC, CPIW is an active IAIP member in New Hampshire. Brenda is employed by USI Insurance Services LLC as a Commercial Lines Account Executive.