By: Brenda Buck, CPCU, CIC, CPIW
Want to explore more the smallest state in size in the United States, the last of the original thirteen colonies to become a state? Although there are 400 miles of coastline, it is only 48 miles North to South and 37 East to West.
When you attend the 2023 IAIP International Convention June 23-25, you should certainly plan a few extra days to explore the coast of Rhode Island.
- Some great seafood restaurants in the Narragansett area are George’s of Galilee, Coast Guard House, Matunuck Oyster Bar, Monahan’s Clam Shack, and Iggy’s.
- A favorite ice cream place to go to is Brickley’s in Narragansett and Wakefield.
- In the Newport area there are a lot of popular shops on Thames Street.
- The Cliff Walk is a very nice place to get in a few steps. It is a lovely, free and public seven-mile out-and-back trail along the scenic rocky coast and offers views of some of Newport’s famous mansions.
- More great local favorite restaurants in this area are The Red Parrot, The Mooring Seafood & Kitchen & Bar, and Diego’s.
Brenda Buck, CPCU, CIC, CPIW is an active IAIP member in New Hampshire. Brenda is employed by USI Insurance Services LLC as a Commercial Lines Account Executive.