By Jonel Thames Leake, CPCU, ASLI, AAI, CPIW, DAE, CLP
As we look forward to 2024, many of us make a list of resolutions or intentions for the up-coming year. Beyond my usual intentions of regular exercise and more outside time, I am making some IAIP intentions. I encourage you to join me!
I am breaking my IAIP intentions into three areas; what I can do to grow in my membership in IAIP, what I can do to help other members gain more value in their membership, and how I can help the association meet their goals. Let me share with you some goals in each area.
What is on my to-do list to grow in my membership?
- Obtain my CLP-A designation.
- Teach a few CLP classes in person. Teaching is something I have done regularly in 2023 but most of the courses have been virtual. This was a growth area for me in 2023 and I want to expand my comfort zone to include more in-person classes.
- Make more connections by attending virtual meetings in other regions.
What is on my to-do list to help other members gain more value?
- Help other members finish their CLP designations by offering to teach the virtual classes they need.
- Continue communicating what is happening in IAIP via the online community, Facebook and other social media avenues. The first step in increased engagement is making sure members are informed.
- Make that phone call, send that email or mail that card to let members know that their efforts are recognized and that I think they are amazing. We often think positive thoughts about someone else but often don’t share it as much as we should.
What is on my to do list to help IAIP thrive?
- Share information about IAIP on social media. I want to let my other insurance connections know what a great organization we have.
- Donate to the Legacy Foundation. This money is given back to IAIP via scholarships and grants and every little bit helps.
- Participate whenever I can. I will continue participating in my international task force, volunteer to assist at my regional conference and be active in the online community. The more I participate, the more connections I make and the more excitement I feel about our association. That excitement is contagious.
While these IAIP intentions are personal to me, I challenge everyone reading this to sit down and make a list of their own 2024 IAIP intentions. By working together, we can take IAIP to new heights in the upcoming year.
Jonel Thames Leake, CPCU, ASLI, AAI, CPIW, DAE, CLP is the 2023-2024 International Secretary. She is grateful for all of the encouragement she has received along her IAIP journey and is looking forward to reaching her 40th anniversary of being a member in 2024.